Let’s start by asking ourselves, “What kind of Culture do we want?”
- Think about this and build on your answer to this question.
Next, “What is a sustainable culture?”
- Is it for instance:
Next, “Who are the stakeholders in a sustainable culture?”
Are these stakeholders, for instance:
- Ordinary people like you and me
- Only creative people
- Our communities
- Our cities
- Our education institutions
Next, “Why have a sustainable culture?”
Does a sustainable culture for instance:
- INSPIRE – Innovation
- COMFORT – Humanity
- CONNECT – Communities
- SUSTAIN – Economies?
- CREATE – Partnerships that cultivate positive outcomes
Next, “How do we have a sustainable culture?”
Is it presenting new and imaginative culture and art that is:
- Culturally diverse
- Instantly accessible
- Forever – an historical record
- Presenting performing arts of all genres: Music, Opera, Dance, Theatre, Performance Art
- Presenting the visual arts to a broad community: Art Gallery Openings, Visual Arts Installations, Performance Art, Children’s Art, Local Community Arts Center Activities
- Presenting the written/spoken arts: Poetry readings, Book readings, Children’s literature, Indigenous literature
Next, “How do we have a sustainable culture new frontier?”
Is it committing to a financial investment?; that will for instance:
- Grow market share
- Create Partnership(s) with Small Business, Medium and Large Business, Industry
- Employ: wholesale solutions, strategic partnering, reach out to future consumers
Next, “The 100 mile cultural diet Challenge - achieving a sustainable culture the new frontier?”
Keeping one step ahead and creating the first ever sustainable culture in BC.
On my blog over the next weeks I shall delve deeper into this challenge.
ARE YOU UP FOR THIS CHALLENGE? Please join me in this challenge and I invite you to participate by sending me your comments, suggestions and answers to the question I pose in this post: “What kind of Culture do we want?”
PS: Sean Bickerton: You asked me on my Facebook page: Sustainable culture is the new frontier, isn’t it Susan? What does the 100 mile cultural diet look like? Now you have the first installment to ponder! I look forward to your input. Sean, thanking your for asking me the question!